Thursday, October 9, 2008

Reading...It Rocks!

"The eyes see only what the heart lets them."
-- from "Frannie in Pieces"

"Huh?" you ask?

Why, it's my favorite quote from this week's (reading) recommendation:
Frannie in Pieces by Delia Ephron.

To be honest, I wasn't eager to read it, being that the author is an adult chick-lit book/film writer, but...was curious about the quality of her first teen reads attempt. Didn't dig it at first, I think 'cuz the 15 yr. old narrator's way to mean to her mom...Then I remembered that yours' truly--who has the world's most wonderful mother--was one rotten apple way back when, & suddenly, I could empathize.

At any rate, it's a good girly read, one that includes a little romance, lots of drama, artistic intrigue, & a fascinating mystery that proves to be a bit of a puzzle...

Random related fact: Delia Ephron also wrote the screenplay for the
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie, so if ya enjoyed that...



Note: I'll be hooking up withy my mom this weekend for a
Vegas (etc.) vacation &, I'll be giving her a BIG hug, first thing! :)

No comments: