Saturday, April 12, 2008

Challenge Me (To Challenge You)

"Carpe Diem" (or, "Seize the day!") -- of Latin origin, & according to our sometimes trusy buddy, Wikipedia, can be attributed to Quintus Horatius Flaccus, (December 8, 65 BC - November 27, 8 BC), known in the English-speaking world as Horace, was the leading Roman lyric poet during the time of Augustus.
Ok, & now that I've gotten my little need for trivia out of the way, we'll move on to a more important matter, which is this: In the next few weeks a certain library lady will be hard at work whipping up that requested challenge for this year's summer reading program. And, while I've got lots of ideas whirling about the noggin', it is your program--once my end of the deal is done, you'll be doing the bulk of the work, so...Any ideas? Are there any challenges your particularly wanting to take on? Or, like a lovely birthday present, would you prefer it to be a complete (& pleasant!) total surprise?
I'll also be embarking on a little Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell, one of our recent arrivals, which, by the way, has a pretty cool cover. :) I'll keep ya posted. And, if you're reading anything good these days, why, do share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read THe opposite of Invisible in one day, it was so good. For the reading program....im not sure! i definately like the different lists n stuff, but i cant remember wut all the other challenges were....but i also like surprises!

library lady said...

I'm glad you liked "Opposite of Invisible!" I thought you might... :)