Friday, April 25, 2008

Mathematical Musings (Not!)

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." -- Albert Einstein
(Sharing this quote seemed fitting, since we so recently shared a fondness for quotes, Albert Einstein, and a "math-free" world...and, in case your curious, I found it here: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein.html)
**COMING SOON TO A NEW YA FICTION SHELF NEAR YOU**
A Bottle in the Gaza Sea by Valerie Zenatti (sorry gals, but me first) :)
Boy Heaven by Laura Kasischke
** Comeback Season by Jennifer E. Smith
** Feathered by Laura Kasischke
The Fold by An Na
Hot Lunch by Alex Bradley
Last Dance at the Frosty Queen by Richard Allen (my vote for best title)
Leonardo's Shadow, Or My Astonishing Life as Leonardo da Vinci's Servant
by Christopher Peter Grey
** Lock and Key: A Novel by Sarah Dessen
My Life: The Musical by Maryrose Wood
** My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins, & Fenway Park
by Steve Kluger
** Out of Order by Robin H. Stevenson
** Patron Saint of Butterflies by Cecilia Galante
The ** means that they're going on holds, so get 'em while you can. You'll like, trust me!!! :)
Hope a certain geometry test would up being a-ok (which, no doubt, it did); and, as you've inpspired my latest quote quest, if you discover any doozie's, please post here.
Muchos Gracias!
doozy or doozie (slang): "something extraordinary or bizarre

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh, geometery is AWFUL!!! i think i just failed a quiz in there... but we haven't gooten it back yet, so.... cross your fingers...

Albert Einstein:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.(lol)

Anonymous said...

omg cool!!!! i wanna get The Comeback Season and My Life: The Musical.

library lady said...

About Geometry, consider the fingers crossed (& I'm sure you did fine!!!). And, since I have finals looming, feel free to return the favor! :)

Also, glad you like the books. Personally, I love ordering for y'all almost as much as I love reading the good stuff!