Monday, June 21, 2010

Watery Reads 2 Tide You Over

In honor of today's official "Make A Splash" kick off
(hey, I didn't name this year's theme!) :)
I thought I'd mention a few of our
FLUFFY NEW BEACH READS.
('cuz we all know, summer = bring on the cheese!)
Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots
by Abby McDonald
Forgive My Fins
by Tera Lynn Childs
Everlasting
by Angie Frazier
Sea
by Heidi Kling
Taken By Storm
by Angela Morrison
I Now Pronouce You Someone Else
by Erin McCahan
A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend
by Emily Horner
(me currently reading & diggin' so far)
Three Rivers Rising: A Novel of the Jamestown Flood
by Jame Richards
Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me
by Kristen Chandler
Ship Breaker
by Paolo Bacigalupi
C'mon -- bring on those tickets!

9 comments:

Rhiannon.A.S. said...

Trust me, I'll fill out tickets 4 u ;)

library lady said...

SWEET! My sincerest thanks 2 U!

BoOkLuV95 said...

I read Three Rivers Rising: A Novel of the Jamestown Flood
by Jame Richards and thought it was an amazing story of how far someone will go to be with the one they love. It is narrated by a couple of people that in the end have an amazing connection between each other. I highly recommend!!!!

library lady said...

So glad to hear you say that. I've actually had this one sitting on my shelf for weeks, but have been dragging my feet. I tend to be averse to novels in verse (and the American Colonial Period) so...But, I've been hearing good things -- guess I should step 2 it!

Anonymous said...

What do you do when all the watery reads are already checked out and with really long hold lists?

library lady said...

All of them?!? Really? Wow! I have to ask, are you referring to the list of books posted on the blog, or are you also including the Waterworks bib you picked up from the library too? The reason I ask is because there's lots of oldies on the print copy I've got here (less holds likely) as well as lots more options. If you don't have one, you can find a stack by this month's teen display (water themed books). If that doesn't help, let me know, & we'll work something out. :)

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of any of those books before but some of them sound good. I'm going to read them sometime.

library lady said...

I hope you do--and be sure to let us know what you think! (please) :)

Anthony said...

I'm currently reading boys,bears, and a serious pair of hiking boots. I think it is a really good book and I seriously recommend it.