Saturday, June 26, 2010

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!!

Ok, so I'm not over the moon or anything,
but I am sure a lot less crabby.
I EXPECT TO TALK ABOUT THESE... :)
I'm also seriously curious --
I've read a lot this year and less
rather than more has knocked me socks off.
What books do you recommend?
And, what can you not wait to read?
A FEW THAT HAVE TICKLED MY FANCY:
White Cat by Holly Black
Dirty Little Secrets by Cynthia Jaynes Omololu
All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarza
Fat Cat by Robin Brande
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
The Line by Teri Hall
Vibes by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Sorta Like a Rockstar by Matthew Quick
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
The Last Summer of the Death Warriors
by Francisco X. Stork
What might you recommend? :)

5 comments:

aqtbenz said...

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is, in a word, EPIC!!!!

I also recommend The Summer I Turned Pretty. I am currently reading the sequel, It's Not Summer Without You, and am loving it.

library lady said...

I'm glad you like this one. A pure cheese read, but oh, I enjoyed it so. FYI: I'm reading another such "cheese" 1 now that y'all might like, "I Now Pronounce You Someone Else." I'll pass on when done.

Unknown said...

I recommend Along For The Ride by: Sarah Dessen. It was a really good good book. I liked how the story turned out at the end. I have read many of Sarah Dessen's books before and have loved them.

Unknown said...

I also read The Summer I turned Pretty. I liked that book. I didn't know that there was a sequel so I'm going to read it.

library lady said...

Both fun reads! I liked them too - nice girly summer books. When you get to it let us know how the sequel is (It's Not Summer Without You); I haven't gotten my mitts on it just yet.